Tuesday, June 16

first class in Vienna! sleeeeeppppy!

****I had my first class today in Vienna.. well actually my first summer class ever! The class is "Book Arts" and I had it today (Tuesday), this Thursday, next Tuesday & Next Thursday. It is only a 2 week class, but still for 3 credit hours, so the class is from 9am to 5pm those days with a 45 minute lunch break & little breaks whenever. I'm actually pretty tired! We were learning how to bind books today. I will post what mine look like probably tomorrow! We learned 4 different types today & it's really exciting to me because I got realy interested in book binding when I took papermaking last fall & of course I am interested in book design.

***Yesterday, after I posted the pictures & wrote about the Innere Stadt here at the computer at school, I went with a few Webster St.Louis girls to the Jewish Memorial like I mentioned, also went to H&M, Starbucks & went to drink wine & hang out at "Mozart Park" near Stephansdom. Beautiful! (that's what I keep saying about everything!) & it was open until 12am, which is nice.. a nice evening in the park with wine & friends.. what's better?
***more pics to come tomorrow of swimming at the Donau, of Webster's Vienna 'campus' (which is actually one building) & some pics of the park...

ps. Zach I love you & you should come visit me! now! :)
& sorry I haven't called you more, but I still get confused with the time & am still debating about getting a cell phone here!



examples of handmade books.. not mine.. I will put those up tomorrow!

I already feel like I am getting used to being in Vienna.. like the kind of used to that I don't feel it necessary to go somewhere every second like I'm missing something amazing.. maybe I'm just sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment