Saturday, June 13

more pictures! & internet is working now! yay!

** a few shots of inside my dorm.. the really dark one I tried to lighten up is the front of the apartments.. it says "Donaufelder" & the photo beside it is one of Stiege 2 (building 2) of the four Stieges (we are in Stiege 4)













*** Behind Donaufelder is a HUGE field.. which I'm not sure when I think mine be a government thing.. I need to look that up.. but it's cool because I was just walking and saw through this gate a big field with tall buildings in the distance.
** the Euros there.. I thought I only had 5E & some change but since they use 1 and 2 Euro coins, I actually had about 19Euro there! (Looks like Monopoly money doesn't it?)




Ok so I didn't get to finished writing about Wednesday or about Thursday, but that is ok because yesterday was pretty uneventful. I went to the police station with my RA David to register with my police. We were in the waiting room from 8:30 to 10:30 am! We were number 98. After that David had to get on the train the other way to go to school, but I stayed at the mall at Kagraner to look for an adaptor and an ethernet cable. The mall is just like any American mall, except no one speaks English. I managed the buy an ethernet cable & buy & then return an electrical adapter because I realized it won't work for my computer charger. I took the tram back to Fultonstrasse, the stop were our apartment is & bought groceries at the Penny Mart. I only spend 12Euro & got quite a few cheap foods. milk, juice, bread, cereal, a big bag of apples & cheese oh! and frozen pizza bread. yum! So I'm putting up some more pics from yesterday! (later tonight I will put up some stuff about what we did today... hint: we went down into the city & saw the historical area).

A few observations that go with the pics from Weds & Thurs (this post & the last one):
1. yes! Austria has Aldi's (I think it's from here or Germany) but it's call "Hofer"
2. Apparently Cindy Crawford has still got it.



Today we went down the the Innere Stadt to go to the open-air market at Karlsplatz & walked around the City Center ("Innere Stadt" means this). More details & pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment