Wednesday, July 8

update on my schedule VENICE!!




Hey family, sorry it hasn't worked out lately to call you! It seems like the time difference never works.. because when I have freetime in the morning.. like right now at 10am here.. it's 3am your time.. not a very good time to call! So, mama I will try to call you tomorrow! But here is what's going on with me..
This Sunday, July 12, we are leaving for Venice to attend the Venice Biennale as my third class here at Webster University Vienna. We are taking a train that leaves Vienna at 6am & I was told the trip is about 6 hours long.
http://www.labiennale.org/en/Home.html
"The Venice Biennale has for over a century been one of the most prestigious cultural institutions in the world. Ever since its foundation in 1895, it has been in the avant-garde, promoting new artistic trends and organising international events in contemporary arts."
An art history professor, Jeff Hughes, from Webster University St. Louis came to teach the class, along with his wife and 16-year-old son (who is on his 5th time in Europe!). There are 7 of us in the class and we will be staying in what Jeff's wife said is a very nice hotel, although it has no elevator.. so we are supposed to pack light. (And I will have a different roommate :) )So anyway, we will be there for 4 days.. going to the art show, checking out the sites, going to restaurants, etc and then we come back to Vienna Wednesday, July 16. My flight back to the US doesn't leave until next Sunday, July 19th, so I will have 3 more nights here in Vienna once we get back & then I'll be home!
So, yeah I wanted to tell you all my schedule and also I wanted to tell you how excited I am for Venice!! Can you imagine?! It's not somewhere I ever thought I would go.. I mean I'm going to Venice, Italy! Don't worry, I will take about 300 pictures for you to enjoy!!
Today I am going to the Kunsthistorrich Museum.. the big one here in Vienna that has been on my list of museums to go to since I got to Vienna. I also have on my list before I leave the Secession Museum, the Sigmund Freud Museum, the Lichenstein Museum, possibly the Albertina & Leopold Museums.. the national library that was closed last time I tried to go, the Naschmart (which is an open-air market open on Saturdays.. for your souvenirs of course!).. lets see what else.. oh! I want to at least see Mozart's house & the WienerWald.. (the beautiful forest outside of Viena). Soo lots to do here in Vienna with less than a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment