Wednesday, July 8

Wednesday morning.. over breakfast

So it's Wednesday morning & I just realized yesterday I am going to be home NEXT WEEKEND! Isn't that crazy? Zach and I have been saying ohh just 4 more weeks, just three more weeks & this past weekend I was like, oh just 2 more weeks & then I was like shit! next weekend! soo I'm eating breakfast, getting ready to go to the museum and thinking about what I want to do when I get home, what I miss & some things about Austria.. mostly just random observations that I've been accumulating.. :)

What I want to do/miss when I get home:
•a huge (cherry!) Pepsi at a restaurant with ICCCCEE and free refills (God, I miss ice!)
•paper towels! .. yeah I could go buy some here, but what for
•a steak!
•using a kitchen I don't have to share with a whole floor & 2 dirty Turkish guys who are my arch enemies.. (they leave smelly stuff in the kitchen & clomp around until 5am)
•driving! ..although poor Hidalgo is out of commission
•crab rangoon! ..I've hit up the chinese buffet here alot, but no crab rangoon in sight!
•I want to go to the fair, a Cardinals game, Six Flags, Branson!, Mark Twain Lake, over to the farm, I want to go to Memphis & New Orleans, New York, Texas.. being here makes me want to come home to enjoy summer fun & also see more of the US that I have been wanting to for a while!
•a big bed! (the ones here are seriously like the size of a toddler mattress!)

Some things I will miss about Vienna/Austria:
•taking alcohol with you whether you go.. it's legal to take as much beer as you want, pretty much anywhere
•strangely enough, riding the Ubahn, trams & buses.. it's so easy just to hop on and go wherever
•I won't miss all this rain!
•knowing the city I'm living in like the back of my hand.. riding pubic transportation and walking everywhere will do that to you...
•beer being sold by the 40 (.5liter size) as a standard
•beer and wine being the cheapest things to consume!!
•the kebab, pizza, hot dog stands open til all hours of the night
•the palaces, museums, the parks, the tourists! it's just such a happy feeling at sites like these!
•feeling like I have no responsibilities or obligations.. (I'm growing pretty long finger nails here and a friend commented Saturday that maybe it's because I don't have any stress here..)

oh! things I won't miss:
•couples age 12 and up making out in the Ubahn. apparently really disgusting PDA is normal here.. I just give people dirty looks when I see them sucking face in public
•the Euro - I don't like the 1 and 2 Euro coins.. I prefer my dollar bills!
•the styles.. Guys: the overrun of mullets, skullets, bad mohawks & girls jeans
Girls: the eurotrash! ugh they aspire to dress like Paris Hilton, I swear... although I do like feeling better dressed then everyone around, although that isn't saying much!
•the rollerblades & scooters used by old men as transportation oh! and bikes! I always feel like I am going to get run over when I'm walking on the sidewalk

ok, I guess that is all for now! I'm going out...

No comments:

Post a Comment